Thursday, October 14, 2010

Ladybugs and clover

A quick break today from scissors week. 



Yesterday while collecting eggs we saw that the chicken coop was swarmed with ladybugs!  There were hundreds of them, maybe enjoying the sunshine for a last time before going to find a cozy place in the eaves to hibernate.



Little Lena was fascinated.


Of course lots of them landed on us. 

Lena wanted to "feed" them some clover.



So I was inspired to make a small piece I've been pondering for a while.


Thanks to a Japanese book "Embroidery Animals and Insects" for this pattern.  How should I finish it?

2 comments:

  1. we had an infestation of Lady Bugs this spring, they were EVERYWHERE. Cute but a tad bothersome. Love the stitchy piece and why not a scissor fob?
    Be always in stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jayne, it would be perfect as a fob for one of your many scissors.

    I've always loved ladybugs. When I had a rose garden I used to buy ladybugs at the nursery each spring to release in the yard to keep the aphid population in check. At least that was the theory. They never seemed to stick around long. :)

    ReplyDelete