Friday, October 22, 2010

My Scissors -- Feathered Friends

Today: scissors decorated with wings and birds. 



Right to left, these are Sullivan's Scissors "Wing" style in copper finish, Mundial's 3.5 inch stork, and Nogent scissors embossed with two birds.

First up, Sullivan's Scissors "Wing" style in copper:

 These are lovely and quite a substantial weight.  The blades are not fine but they cut well, and they also go so perfectly with that Chatelaine "Autumn Watergarden" WIP.

Mundial 3.5 stork:


These are inexpensive and not hard to find, but I love the fine little blades and the two-toned wings.  One of my go-to pairs of scissors.

Nogent two birds, these need the close-up:


Pretty, huh?  I bought these for $15 on E-bay several months ago and don't know very much about them.  They are marked "Nogent", a French maker, but I haven't been able to find them elsewhere on the internet.  The blades are fine, though and the action is very smooth, so I think I got my money's worth. 

1 comment: