Friday, October 29, 2010

Ocean Jasper

I stayed up late last night and did all the french knots and beading!


This little piece was inspired by a small polished stone in my collection and wonderful close-up photograph of a section of ocean jasper from the fabulous book Within the Stone by Bill Atkinson.




This was a fun, quick stitch.  These little freestyle pieces, where I get a bee in my bonnet and can't stitch anything else until the idea gets OUT, are very satisfying for me.



Used DMC memory thread, HDF silk floss and ribbon, Rainbow Gallery and mystery grab bag specialty fibers, gold Swarovski pearls, and several sizes and colors of glass seed beads, on black Lugana.


I stitched it with the bands vertical and originally thought that it would be oriented like this:

But now I think I like the finished product with the bands horizontal instead, it's kind of like a mysterious ocean landscape this way:


OK, back to work!  The girl has a Halloween party, gotta go, enough playing for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment