Friday, December 3, 2010

Starting small

My little 2-foot tabletop tree that decorates the entryway is now bedecked!



It is a cute little inexpensive tree from Target, but when I set it up I decided I couldn't stand its cheap-looking plastic base.  So I made a mini tree skirt to cover it up.  Cute!



The snowflake patterns are from A Rainbow of Stitches.  I used HDF silk floss in the darkest "perfect red" shade and matching silk ribbon, on 36 ct "flax" color linen. 

Then of course I had to make  matching ornaments.  I decided to use a no-sew technique and make them look like jelly jar covers.  Cute!  If anyone is interested I could make a tutorial, because I took pictures along the way as I was deciding how to do it.



And with the paper snowflakes from target and rusty snowflakes and bells from Attic Heirlooms



And these cute porcelain birds



Hows that for a classy, rustic little tree? 



The BIG tree is still yet to be acquired.  Tomorrow, hopefully, if the boy is feeling well enough.  The BIG tree is going to be the sparkly ying to the little tree's rustic yang.  Bling, bling.

1 comment:

  1. Great idea at the bottom of your tree, looks fabulous, the ornaments are lovely too.

    ReplyDelete