Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Stitching at IKEA

We went to IKEA the over the weekend for a bookshelf for the boy, who (proud mom moment) just discovered reading chapter books and novels -he is currently working through the 'How to Train Your Dragon' series- and has been reading them in his bed at night, and needs a shelf for his loft bed (/proud mom moment)  Anyway, as always I did take some stitching along in my bag 'just in case', but it never came out.  HOWEVER, I was so surprised at the number of stitched items for sale!  None of them were handmade, of course, but several were made to look handmade, if you know what I mean.  Lookie:

A pillow with some 'crewelwork':


close up:



A pillow with 'cross stitching' (Little Lena decided it would make a good pillow for the puppy):



They call this pillow the "Birgit Linje".  Hee!  A close-up:



I actually really like that red pillow but talked myself out of buying it. 

But what took the cake was a slipcover for a couch:


That has printed cross-stitches!  I am wondering who is buying that one.

I also saw some embroidered lamp shades, but dang, it is difficult to take decent pictures inside a crowded, dimly-lit warehouse building. 

Back to work, hope you are all having a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment